For individuals, young adults, & late-adolescents
counseling sessions offered:
I offer a range of counseling options for individuals, young adults, and late adolescents in Asheville in and Western North Carolina (WNC).
- Women-specific individual counseling
- Counseling from a Christian perspective
- Inner Healing Counseling/Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy for men & women
- Young Adult Counseling
- Soul Care groups, retreats, & education
areas of focus:
The list below is a basic overview of areas I tend to focus on in my practice.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- Loss & Grief
- Coping skills
- Stress management
- Communication & relationship issues
- Spiritual growth & exploration
- Transition to adulthood
- Women issues & motherhood
- Wholistic wellness (body, mind, & spirit)
- Untangling the mind
- Healing the healer
- Inner Critic/shame
- Work/life Balance
- Decisions & discernment
- Forgiveness (of self, others, & God)
I identify as a believer and offer a safe space for Christians to process and heal emotional wounds. I provide an opportunity for clients to intersect psychology and theology in the counseling relationship. Through our close relationship with God, we are able to experience a deeper connection and purpose in life. Christian-based counseling can be a way for believers to express freely about their faith and relationship with God in a safe and non-judgmental environment. Prayer and direction from the Lord is also a major part of the therapeutic process.
I never impose Christian counseling or my faith on anyone, and I respect those who are looking for a different treatment modality. It is important that you feel safe and non-judged, and I strive to maintain an environment where people can come receive help and support regardless of their spiritual background.